With over 50 years’ experience in Powered Access equipment hire, Advanced Access Platforms are a market leader in providing powered access machine hire, especially in London and the South East. Operating from their depots in Sutton and Silvertown E15 in the heart of London, they can quickly and reliably deliver machines to a wide range of clients and to projects small and large.
London is a world-leader in setting safety and environmental standards and Advanced Access Platforms are fully committed to achieving and exceeding compliance. A clear example of this commitment is showing in their recent purchase of two new delivery vehicles. Supplied by Mercedes-Benz Commercial Vehicle dealer group, Rygor, these two 8x2 Arocs trucks are compliant to Euro6 standard. In addition, both the chassis and the Sterling bodies boast a range of features that contribute to improved safety both for the operator and for the general public. These include:
- Full-width ramps preventing machines falling whilst loading
- Mesh on the ramp toes, steel grating on the ramp and mesh on the slope (continuing over the break point) for increased grip and improved loading safety
- Working-at-height fall arrest system reduces fall-risk for the operator and provides a clear barrier for public
- LED flashing beacons fitted to the rear crossmember and additional slimline beacons on the rear corners of the body give maximum possible visibility for drivers approaching the vehicle from the rear, even when the ramps are deployed
- Further LED flashing beacons fitted to the truck grille and 4-foot slimline cab top beacon provide further visibility
- The safety system to ensure FORS compliance includes a 4-camera recordable system, nearside side-scan facility coupled with a turn-left audible warning and both the ramp sounder and truck reverse sounder are white noise
Managing Director for Advanced Access Platforms, John Corcoran, commented that, “this was the ideal solution to complement our fleet whilst remaining committed to FORS Gold and the Ultra-Low Emission Scheme. The effort that Sterling and Rygor put into this deal was truly a service second to none and we are now in discussion for more vehicles.”
Gavin Duffy, Truck Sales Executive at Rygor, said, “Advanced Access’ commitment to safety and compliance was very much at the heart of this vehicle specification. We worked closely with John and his team, as well as Grant to ensure these Arocs trucks met Advanced Access’ specific requirements. Partnerships like this are really important to us here at Rygor and we look forward to continuing this working relationship in the future.”
Sales Executive for Sterling GP, Grant Owen, added that, “the trucks look stunning and John and his team certainly didn’t skimp on specification! As the first two beavertail bodies we’ve supplied to Advanced Access, I look forward to working with them again soon. Just want to also give a shout out to Gavin Duffy; the Arocs product is fantastic!”
With 11 branches throughout Berkshire, Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire, Somerset, West London, Wiltshire and Worcestershire, Rygor are a multi award winning specialist Mercedes-Benz van and truck Dealership.