All new Mercedes-Benz vans purchased from Rygor Auto benefit from 3 years, unlimited mileage warranty as standard from the day your van is first registered in the UK – giving you the ultimate peace of mind that we’ve got you covered if anything unexpected should happen.
Mercedes-Benz warranty protects you against failures in the vehicle caused by any manufacturing defects that may have occurred when your vehicle was built. It’s our way of showing that we’re here for you, your vehicle and your business, right from day one. So, you can be sure your vehicle is safe and secure – no matter how many miles you drive each year.
- Any defects in material or workmanship that occur as a result of the vehicle manufacturing process.
- Whilst glass is not normally covered, the warranty would apply in the case of a stress fracture. In this way, we accept responsibility for those items that are ours; but naturally we cannot cover any non-approved modifications, accessories or bodywork applied after the vehicle’s manufacture
What’s not covered?
The purpose of warranty is to cover defects that have arisen during the manufacturing process.
Therefore, the following problems are not covered:
- A failure to follow instructions contained in the vehicle’s operating manual or maintenance booklets, or from your Authorised Mercedes-Benz Dealer, Garage or Repairer
- A failure to have the vehicle maintained and serviced correctly and at the required intervals as set out in the maintenance booklet
- Incorrect repairs by an unauthorised garage
- The fitting of non-approved parts, additional equipment and bodywork, or other unauthorised vehicle modifications
- Using and driving the vehicle outside the instructions outlined in the driver’s handbook
- Damage caused by excessive speed
- Not following advice provided by the vehicle’s information system or dashboard warning lights
- Exceeding gross vehicle weights, axle loads and payload capacity
- Normal ‘wear and tear’ on parts, including friction and consumable items such as oil and lubricants, filters, brake pads, clutch materials, wiper blades, tyres, some exhaust components and shock absorbers (please note, this list is not exhaustive)
- External events including environmental issues such as storms and floods, accident damage, salt corrosion, civil unrest or vandalism
The full service history of your vehicle must be made available to the Authorised Repairer and you must allow them to fully inspect your vehicle. This may take time, including the possibility of more than one visit to the workshop. However, we do try and keep any such inconvenience to a minimum.
Can I keep the defective parts after you’ve completed the work?
No, any defective parts from your vehicle become our property once we replace them.
Can my warranty be invalidated?
Yes, the below can invalidate your warranty:
- Major modifications affecting the basic integrity of the vehicle, especially to the chassis or electronic systems. If in any doubt, consult your local Rygor Auto dealer.
- Tampering with the odometer. The only people who can do this work are trained Mercedes-Benz Technicians, who have to follow precise legal guidelines.
- Any vehicle that’s been declared a write-off may not be eligible for warranty if the claim is attributed to the accident damage.