Rygor – your local Motability dealer
Rygor is an accredited Motability Dealer, so you can rely on our team to be here to help and advise on the selection of Mercedes-Benz vehicles best suited to your needs.
What is Motability?
Motability is a national charity helping people with disabilities become more mobile by offering affordable, trouble-free motoring through their vehicle scheme. They are passionate about improving the lives of over 630,000 customers and supporting people with disabilities in achieving greater independence.
What is the Motability scheme?
The Motability scheme helps those individuals registered as disabled get mobile by exchanging their mobility allowance to lease a new car, scooter, powered wheelchair, or Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle. The Motability scheme provides everything you may need to help get mobile; including finance, insurance, and breakdown assistance for your vehicle.
Motability offers eligible people a three-year Contract Hire Scheme for new vehicles to help them obtain a Mercedes-Benz vehicle. With the Contract Hire package you don’t need to drive in order to use the scheme; you can nominate up to two drivers who may be friends or relatives, and parents or carers that can apply on behalf of a child aged three years and upwards.
The three-year Contract Hire scheme offers peace of mind motoring, which includes the following benefits:
- A new Mercedes-Benz commercial vehicle of your choice every three years
- Insurance and personal accident cover (for up to three named drivers)
- Servicing and maintenance
- Full breakdown assistance, provided by the RAC
- Free replacement tyres fitted by Kwik-Fit
- Window or windscreen replacement at no extra cost
Please note: Any adaptations that are fitted to the vehicle must be removed when the agreement ends and the vehicle must be reinstated to its original condition.
Am I eligible for the Motability scheme?
To join the Motability Scheme, you must be receiving one of the following mobility allowances and must have at least 12 months’ award length remaining.
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance (HRMC DLA)
- Enhanced Rate Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (ERMC PIP)
- War Pensioners Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
What I am responsible for?
- Paying for your fuel – all other running costs are included
- Paying any balance of the cost to the supplying retailer
- Payment for any adaptations you need to the vehicle and their fitting
- Paying any licensing charges, or fines, that become due relating to the vehicle
You don't need to worry about managing the finances - payments are made directly from the Department of Work and Pensions to Motability.
How can Rygor help?
Our fully trained Motability Scheme specialists are here to offer expert advice and can help you by:
- Confirming your eligibility for the Motability Scheme
- Supporting you in finding and choosing the right vehicle
- Arranging a test drive for you before committing to a vehicle
- Ordering and supplying your new Motability Scheme vehicle
- Servicing and maintaining your vehicle.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please get in touch with your local Rygor sales team, who will be more than happy to discuss your options.
With 11 branches throughout Berkshire, Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire, Somerset, West London, Wiltshire and Worcestershire, Rygor are a multi award winning specialist Mercedes-Benz van and truck Dealership.