An innovative, special-purpose truck that combines versatility, ergonomics and convenience like virtually no other commercial vehicle – the Mercedes-Benz Econic is in a class of its own.
With a unique, low-entry design and great all-round visibility, the Econic combines comfort, safety, environmental compatibility, and uncompromising commitment, making it the perfect inner city truck. It offers sustainable solutions to growing urban areas, meeting the Euro VI emissions standards, and the diesel engine provides the lowest possible fuel consumption.
Areas of Application
Light-duty distribution haulage
- Cab - The Econic is perfect for frequent stops as the cab is specifically designed with a low-entry concept. Both practical and safe, the walk-through cab enables the driver to conveniently enter and exit the cab from the traffic-free side of the road, and controls for the body can also be integrated with ease into the cockpit for ultimate convenience.
- Direct view - The DirectVision cab gives a wider field of vision, meaning the greatest possible view. The low positioning of the driver’s seat means that it is at eye level with other road users such as pedestrians and cyclists and the glazed folding door means there is a clear view of pavements, a particular advantage in busy cities. All these features have contributed to the Mercedes-Benz Econic achieving a 5* Direct Vision Standard rating in London.
Fire and rescue
- Low Entry Concept - Even when carrying heavy equipment, low-entry concept in the Mercedes-Benz Econic makes for safe and speedy access.
- Bodybuilder-Friendly Frame - The bodybuilder-friendly low frame concept means there is comprehensive scope of essential operations such as water tenders, turntable ladders and aerial rescue platforms.
Construction site transport
- The panoramic wind-screen means that there is a direct view of traffic and the construction site, minimising the possibility of accidents, an excellent feature for transporting materials during inner-city routes. The Econic truck is just as diverse as the building trade itself.
Public Service Sector
Featured as standard, Active Brake Assist visually and audibly warns the driver of a potential collision through the sensor system. If the driver fails to respond, the vehicle will perform automatic partial braking combined with activation of the hazard lights.
Supporting the driver in maintaining a set speed, Adaptive Cruise Control maintains a pre-determined distance to the vehicle infront and can help to reduce the risk of collision.
The Econic’s Blind Spot Camera system offers the driver enhanced visibility due to the four cameras that are installed around the vehicle. An automated display is integrated in the cockpit.
The Econic’s cab set-up allows the driver to see other road users at eye level, giving a great view of the surrounding roads and pavements from all angles. Compared to regular trucks, this is one of the best for driver visibility, making it safer in crowded city streets.
Detecting people on the co-driver's side and issuing an audible and visual signal to the driver, Sideguard Assist is an advanced safety system, particularly when it comes to preventing accidents in inner-city environments.
The Econic truck is available in two engine variants - diesel and gas. The modern 6-cylinder diesel engines fitted to the Econic ensure that emissions and nitrous oxides are reduced to a minimum. Especially environmentally friendly, the Econic can be fitted with a gas engine as an alternative. Extremely quiet, it falls below the legal decibel requirements and the gas tanks are made of weight-optimised steel-composite, allowing for increased payload. Combustion of natural gas also produces approximately 20% less carbon dioxide, meaning it’s perfectly suited for inner-city congestion/environmental zones.
Intelligent transmission technologies ensure smooth and efficient driving. Depending on the operation, the Econic is available in either a fully automatic 6-speed transmission, or a semi-automated PowerShift transmission, which makes it perfectly adaptable for use in urban traffic.
Downtime is dead time to businesses. Wherever you are and whatever the time of day, or night, one call to the Service 24h hotline will despatch a qualified Mercedes-Benz Technician to identify the fault and get your vehicle back on the road, with minimal delay.
Our repair and maintenance packages (R&M) will allow you to manage downtime and cash-flow, avoiding unexpected repair and maintenance costs.
Rygor’s maximised uptime ensures your truck is assessed within 2 hours of arriving at one of our workshops, meaning you can rest assured that we’ll prioritise the repair of your truck to get you back on the road.
“Our experience over more than a decade confirms that the Econic is simply the best vehicle for the job. Like all Mercedes-Benz trucks, it’s well-built, reliable and cost-effective to operate.Read more
Just as importantly, the Econic leads the field in terms of safety, and is very popular with our crews. The opinions of front-line colleagues are key to Amey’s vehicle procurement strategy, and the low-entry Mercedes-Benz scores particularly highly in terms of cab space and comfort.” Jason Clement, Amey
What's in stock
Mercedes-Benz Arocs 3240K
Mercedes-Benz Arocs 3243 Mixer
Mercedes-Benz Actros 1845LS
Get in touch
With 11 branches throughout Berkshire, Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire, Somerset, West London, Wiltshire and Worcestershire, Rygor are a multi award winning specialist Mercedes-Benz van and truck Dealership.