Mercedes Benz Econic
An innovative, special-purpose truck that combines versatility, ergonomics and convenience like virtually no other commercial vehicle – the Econic is in a class of its own.
With a unique, low-entry concept, this is a vehicle that provides just what you need: comfort, efficiency, environmental compatibility and uncompromising commitment. Day in, day out. As well as meeting the Euro VI emissions standards, the diesel engine offered in the Econic provides the lowest possible fuel consumption – offering the cleanest vehicle with the lowest running costs. Flexibility to meet the needs of your application comes as standard too, with easy body mounting, as well as a wide variety of other options.
Specialist tasks are the norm for the Econic, whether used as a refuse collection or recycling vehicle, for road maintenance or as a fire appliance, for inner city distribution or airside duties, this truck proves to be a versatile ally.
This epic truck is more than prepared for the challenges of distribution. The low entry design offers fast, efficient and safe entry and exit, while the panoramic windows provide unrivalled visibility to the front and sides. Whether being used in tight rural locations or inner city streets, the low visual impact of the Econic offers a friendly, public face for your business.
The Econic brings so much for municipal operation as standard. Outstanding manoeuvrability and visibility is perfect for busy towns and city streets, while the low entry cab provides fast, efficient and safe entry and exit for the most labour intensive of operations.
Built for urban environments, the Econic offers factory pre-wiring for integration of cameras on the vehicle body, for example to view behind the vehicle or the working area. Adding greater stability in critical driving situations and preventing loss of control, Electronic Stability Program, Anti-lock Braking System and Electronic Braking System are all standard on Econic models.
- Central axle-load measuring system to provide a continuous indication of the current load status and the gross weight of the individual axles.
- Height adjustable steering wheel.
- Air-sprung driver seat and individual crew seats for an outstanding level of ergonomic workplace comfort.
- Two DIN slots in the dash and an additional four slots in the header shelf, providing plenty of space for a CD Radio, Digital Tachograph, FleetBoard® unit and more.
- High and Low Roof option.
- Lightweight aluminium space framed cab – providing safety which already meets the standard of European Crash test standard ECE R29/2.
- Electrically operated sunblind – preventing glare and excessive heating.
- Air conditioning as standard.
- Large panoramic windows – providing excellent visibility.
- Hinged and air operated folding doors available for easy access.
- Reversing camera display built in to the dashboard.
- Allison 6-speed automatic transmission with new Eco-software.
- Touch button gearshift provides simple operation.
What’s more,the Econic is available in your choice of extremely fuel efficient Euro VI engines, with power outputs of 220kW (299hp) or 260kW (354hp). With fuel consumption reductions of up to 4%, and AdBlue consumption up to 40% lower, the engines are designed from the ground up for economy, as well as offering incredible cleanliness.